Beebe Memorial Cathedral
In January 1925, a small group of Christians gathered in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Wayner and thusly the first Christian Methodist Episcopal Mission Church in Oakland, CA was launched. Under the administration of the late Bishop Charles H. Phillips and Presiding Elder W. B. Butler, the first Pastor Rev. Floyd Haynes was assigned.
The small congregation moved from the Wayner home to its first official place of worship located at 819 – 37th Street. It was purchased during the years of 1925-1927 under the pastorate of Rev. Floyd Haynes, Beebe’s first Pastor. For a time during the early years the church was rented to a local Baptist Church, as the congregation was too small to support it. The “Little Church Under the Palms” was renovated and painted, and for years served another small but dedicated congregation. Between 1925 and 1946, fourteen ministers served as Pastor, including Rev. L. S. White and Rev. Lindsey Rucker. [more]
Senior Pastor: Rev. Dr. Charley Hames, Jr.
Denomination: Christian Methodist Episcopal
[Contact Beebe Memorial Cathedral]