40 Under 40: Info & Eligibility (2016)
Nominate a Diverse Tech Leader or Game Changer Now!
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2nd Annual 40 Under 40: Tech Diversity – Silicon Valley, organized by theREGISTRY Bay Area and Digital Diversity Network. 40 Under 40: Tech Diversity is a regional recognition of the outstanding achievements of 40 leaders from underrepresented communities of color, under the age of 40, who are standouts in their field of technology as engineers, technologists, diversity & inclusion officers, entrepreneurs, academics or VC’s. Nominees will be evaluated on their professional achievements and influence within their industries. Board affiliations, civic engagement and other leadership roles will also be taken into consideration.
A Game Changer award will be conferred upon an individual(s) or organization(s) — regardless of ethnicity — that has made a significant contribution to the digital media and high-tech sectors through technological advancements, outstanding leadership in advancing diversity and or notable corporate/organization management.
Program / Event Objectives
The objectives of the recognition are:
- To showcase the contributions of diverse tech professionals
- To showcase diverse tech talent to hiring companies and investors
- To showcase and acknowledge tech industry progress in advancing diversity
- To facilitate networking and introductions among diverse tech professionals, hiring companies and the tech investors
- To inspire future generations to pursue innovation and tech careers, regardless of socio-economic background
- To inspire tech companies, and the industry, at-large, to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion
» 40 Under 40
Nominees should be multi-ethnic, digital media and/or technology professionals from underrepresented communities of color in the corporate, entrepreneurial, non-profit and academic sectors, under age 40 on November 18, 2016. They must work and reside in the following coverage areas: San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area or Silicon Valley. Self-nominations are encouraged!
Nominees may represent technology related roles from a broad range of industries including, but not limited to:
• App Development
• Consumer Products
• Content Creation
• Financial Services
• Health Care
• Information Technology
|• Media & Entertainment
• Public Relations
• Social Media
• Social Enterprise
• Hardware/Software Development
• Travel & Leisure
• VC/Business Incubator
» Game Changer
Nominees may be individuals (of all ages and ethnicities) or companies that have made a significant contribution to the digital media and high-tech sectors through technological advancements, outstanding leadership in advancing diversity and or notable corporate/organization management. In the area of the advancement of diversity the following will be considered: (1) personal career achievements; (2) helping to advance the careers of others in the industry; (3) incubation and/or investment in minority tech ventures; (4) fostering a culture of inclusion; and (5) utilizing technology to improve and/or enhance underserved communities. Self-nominations are encouraged!
- Honorees will be selected from among the nominees by a confidential panel of judges comprising representatives from industry companies, event partners, theREGISTRY Bay Area and the DDN board of directors
- Honorees will be invited to attend the VIP reception, awards presentation and celebration event on Thursday, December 8, 2016, 6:00 pm – 9:30pm at Rincon Center, San Francisco, hosted by Salesforce
Nomination Deadline: Friday, November 18, 2016
Interested in sponsorship? Email email@example.com